Thursday, March 11, 2010

Swing into Spring!!


New style=new freedom!

I'm creating a promotional pop-up greeting card. It's a modernization of Fragonard's The Swing.
Her swing will have actual twine ropes for a touch of mixed media and added dimension. This is the most stylized I've been in a final illustration, and I am so excited about how it's turning out!

I had Anita from Disney's 101 Dalmatians in the back of my head as I drew this girl. I love the art direction of that movie. Come to think of it, the greenery gives a bit of a nod to Sleeping Beauty. I guess I'll never escape my Disney influences. :o]

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I like her Katie! I think I already showed you this girl, but just in case I didn't I think she's up your alley: http://britsketch.blogspot.com/

    It turns out she's also an RIT alum from 4 years ago, and just got a job working at Disney., haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh! No I haven't seen her before, but she's totally my kindred spirit! (She has a cut paper peacock!!) lol Thanks Jamie, what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Love it Katie, wonderful rendition of the piece. I think the new style is also quite fantastic. I can't wait to see more pieces with it. :)

    Disney style never seems to leave, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. ;P

    ReplyDelete